University of British Columbia's Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics (CMMT) Next Gen Sequencing Lab Selects Exemplar LIMS for Highly Automated Sample and Workflow Processing
Sapio Sciences is pleased to announce that University of British Columbia, headed by the esteemed Dr. Michael R. Hayden, has selected Exemplar LIMS as its Laboratory Information Management Solution (LIMS). CMMT will utilize Exemplar LIMS throughout it laboratory for sample management, integration with robotic platforms and other instruments.
As part of this project, Exemplar LIMS will do all of the following:
- Support remote web based sample submission and processing requests
- Automate storage management of samples including client specific sample management
- Integrate with the Biomek NX robot for automated control of Quantitation and Hit picking experiments with automated results retrieval
- Integrate with the Qiagen QiaSymphony device to retrieve extensive DNA extraction information
- Implement ELN workflows for Illumina GoldenGate and Infinium genotyping as well as Illumina sequencing and numerous other processes
"We are pleased that CMMT has chosen Exemplar LIMS for their highly automated laboratory processes. Exemplar excels at rapid implementation of instrument integrations which can be combined with Exemplar's configurable ELN capability for a complete workflow that has automated instrument control and data capture," says Julia Neel, Chief Software Architect at Sapio. "CMMT is a world class research organization and they have made clinically important discoveries over the past several years. We look forward to working with the CMMT team in support of their important genetics based research."